Tourism HR Canada is partnering with the Conference Board of Canada to conduct a series of in-person focus groups over the next few weeks. This is part of a labour projection exercise, aimed at identifying the employment pressure points that the tourism sector is currently facing, and those that are likely to become serious issues over the next couple of years.
We’re looking to connect with business owners and operators, as well as other industry professionals who are actively engaged in labour issues—if that sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
The in-person focus groups will be held in the following locations:
- Vancouver, BC: Tuesday, October 31
- Calgary, AB: Wednesday, November 1
- Regina, SK: Thursday, November 2
- Charlottetown, PE: Monday, November 6
- Halifax, NS: Wednesday, November 8
- St. John’s, NL: Thursday, November 9
- Winnipeg, MB: Tuesday, November 14
- Toronto, ON: Wednesday, November 15
- Montreal, QC: Thursday, November 16
- Ottawa, ON: Thursday, November 23
To get involved, please contact Evan Hazenberg, Director of Labour Market Intelligence, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to take part but can’t make those dates/locations, we will also be hosting online focus groups later in November and into early December—email Evan to be notified when registration opens.
Additionally, there’s an online survey aimed at business owners/operators. The findings of the survey will be used to advance the issues facing the sector to various stakeholders, including all levels of government. The survey will take about 20 minutes of your time, and you’ll have the option to request a summary of the survey findings. Click here to participate.