Tourism HR Canada and the Canadian Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce are proud to announce a series of diversity training workshops for anyone working in tourism.
Canada’s international reputation as a welcoming and diverse destination attracts many LGBT+ travellers, who represent a global market of US$200 billion annually. Businesses that establish themselves as inclusive not only attract a larger share of this market, they also create a more diverse workplace that supports and benefits their staff.
Thanks to funding from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada, tourism operators, staff, and suppliers are invited to take part in an online module and one of many four-hour, in-person sessions scheduled across the country throughout March.
The online training focuses on LGBT+ inclusion in the workplace, including federal and jurisdictional legislation, and is a precursor to the workshop.
The workshop, which is interactive and includes a take-away workbook, includes the following:
- Introduces terms and definitions regarding the diversity of LGBT+
- Discusses the impact of homophobia, transphobia, and heterosexism in the workplace
- Details why safe space is important and what it looks like
- Reviews the bottom line, specifically the internal and external benefits of LGBT+ inclusive space
- Introduces new strategies when interacting with LGBT+ employees and customers
- Provides an opportunity to put new concepts and learning into practice
- Gives staff an opportunity to brainstorm ways to create LGBT+ inclusive spaces both proactively and reactively
- Links training to provincial and federal policies and legislation
A full list of the sessions is below. To register, please click any of the linked times below or visit the Canadian Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce website.
For more details, please call 1-866-300-7556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Quebec City||March 4, 2019||8:00 am – 12:00 pm||French|
|March 4, 2019||1:00 – 5:00 pm||French|
|Comox Valley||March 4, 2019||1:00 – 5:00 pm||English|
|Victoria||March 5, 2019||1:00 – 5:00 pm||English|
|Winnipeg||March 5, 2019||1:00 – 5:00 pm||English|
|March 6, 2019||8:00 am – 12:00 pm||English|
|Fredericton||March 5, 2019||8:00 am – 12:00 pm||French|
|March 5, 2019||1:00 – 5:00 pm||English|
|Halifax||March 6, 2019||1:00 – 5:00 pm||English|
|March 7, 2019||8:00 am – 12:00 pm||English|
|Saskatoon||March 7, 2019||1:00 – 5:00 pm||English|
|March 8, 2019||8:00 am – 12:00 pm||English|
|Yellowknife||March 12, 2019||8:00 am – 12:00 pm||English|
|Kelowna||March 13, 2019||1:00 – 5:00 pm||English|
|Windsor||March 18, 2019||1:00 – 5:00 pm||English|
|March 19, 2019||8:00 am – 12:00 pm||English|