Please be advised that an error with the Government of Canada’s Tourism and Hospitality Recovery Program (THRP) calculation spreadsheet may have resulted in some applicants mistakenly receiving a message that they were not eligible for application period 22 (October 24 to November 20, 2021).
The following information is taken directly from the THRP website. If you have any questions or concerns, please visit the webpage for contact information.
Error in spreadsheet for wage and hiring support may have affected your eligibility
A previous version of the spreadsheet for wage and hiring may have shown you were not eligible for the THRP, when in fact you may be eligible.
Who this error may affect
You may have been affected if:
- You were applying for period 22 (October 24 to November 20, 2021)
- You used a version of the spreadsheet for wage and hiring (version 2021-1) that was available between Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 6:00 am ET and Friday, December 24, 2021 at 12:00 pm ET
- You indicated you are a qualifying tourism or hospitality entity and had both a current-month revenue drop and 12-month average revenue drop over 40%
- Step 5 in the spreadsheet showed a zero dollar amount and gave the message that you were not eligible for the THRP
This error was only present in the calculation spreadsheet for wage and hiring support.
What to do if you think you have been affected by this error
If you did not apply for period 22:
- Download the latest version of the spreadsheet and do your calculation again for period 22 to check if you are eligible to apply for the THRP – Wage
If you already applied for the HHBRP – Wage or CRHP for period 22:
- Contact the Business Enquiries line at 1-800-959-5525 to make your THRP – Wage application