Time is running out to access our LGBT+ diversity and inclusion training programs for free. Thanks to funding provided by the Government of Canada, Tourism HR Canada and the Canadian LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce are helping tourism businesses foster inclusion and develop LGBT+ safe spaces across the country.
Be sure to sign up and participate in a workshop before March 31, 2021.
While it may feel like a strange time to prioritize a program like this when so much has changed in the face of COVID-19, we believe the pandemic has shone a light on areas where there are still divisions and where inclusion, acceptance, and the appreciation of different talents and experiences could be improved.
This program is important in ensuring the tourism industry comes back even stronger and more welcoming, inclusive, and diverse post-COVID. Your participation is an indicator that we are making diversity, inclusivity, and safety a focus for times ahead.
This mission is not only right to do, it can also help your business’s bottom line.
- Historically speaking, LGBT+ travellers have been the first to travel after disasters such as SARS or 9/11.
- This community typically outspends their mainstream counterparts by an average of seven times.
- Our studies show that the LGBT+ community represents a $12 billion leisure travel opportunity.
Our certification program will empower learners to:
- attend courses from the comfort of their home;
- learn from an expert instructor over live video;
- collaborate and interact with fellow learners; and
- feel confident with using inclusive language.
Find a free workshop in your region before the March deadline.