Safety, through the freedom to be oneself, is the key factor in Canadian LGBT+ travellers’ destination choice. That’s why the Government of Canada is investing in the National LGBT+ Tourism Project, a set of inclusion workshops and market-ready seminars to support the industry in fostering welcoming destinations across the country.
These free online training events are taking place now through to the end of March.
On top of the workshops and seminars, Tourism HR Canada and CGLCC, Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce, have been developing diversity and inclusion support tools to further assist tourism businesses with reaching this market.
This new Toolbox of Resources will be launched and available free of charge to all participants of the National LGBT+ Tourism Project.
There will be a total of ten resources available for download in English and French:
- Inclusive Procurement Guide
- A Guide for Developing LGBT+ Products and Tours
- Trans & Non-Binary Inclusion Guide
- Business Case for LGBT+ Inclusion
- Hosting LGBT+ Inclusive Events
- Developing an LGBT+ Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
- Becoming an Ally
- Starting an Employee Resource Group
- Building Community Engagement
- Marketing to an LGBT+ Traveller
These guides are 15+ pages and contain a deeper dive into specific diversity and inclusion topics to help welcome LGBT+ customers, as well as employees. Instructions on how to access these free resources will be sent to all program participants.
If you haven’t yet signed up, please visit the CGLCC’s website to register, or contact email@example.com if you’d like to set up a private workshop/seminar for you and your staff or stakeholders.