The Canadian Tourism Awards are presented annually by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) to recognize success, leadership, and innovation in Canada’s tourism industry–rewarding those people, places, organizations, and events that have gone above and beyond to offer travellers superior tourism experiences in Canada.
TIAC received just under one-hundred nominations this year across four categories. Tourism HR Canada joins the TIAC team in applauding all those who took the time to nominate.
Tourism HR Canada is honoured to sponsor the Employee Appreciation Award. The award will be presented to the front-line employee whose professionalism, dedication, attitude, and quality of service best exemplify excellence in the tourism industry. We are pleased to share that this year’s finalists are:
- Edna Frigault, Village historique acadien – Bertrand, NB
- Mark Meyer, Metro Toronto Convention Centre – Toronto, ON
- Sally MacInnis, Keltic Lodge – Ingonish Beach, NS
Finalists for the three other Canadian Tourism Awards categories are as follows:
Air Canada Business Excellence Award, to be presented to a tourism business that exemplifies industry best practices in all aspects of its operations and is thus an example of all-round business excellence in the tourism industry.
- Hôtel de Glace Québec-Canada Inc. – Saint-Gabriel-de-Valcartier, QC
- Moment Factory – Montréal, QC
- TimberTop Adventures – Saint John, NB
Indigenous Tourism Award, to recognize an Indigenous tourism business that has demonstrated a commitment to the development, promotion, and delivery of an authentic, innovative, and enriched Indigenous tourism visitor experience. The recipient will have demonstrated a commitment to authentic Indigenous cultural tourism as a key aspect of encouraging and promoting tourism growth in their region.
- Feast Cafe Bistro – Winnipeg, MB
- Metis Cultural Days – Saskatoon, SK
- Squamish Líl̓wat Cultural Centre – Whistler, BC
VIA Rail Canada Sustainable Tourism Award, to be presented to an organization that has made an outstanding contribution to the practice and promotion of responsible and sustainable tourism in Canada.
- Frontiers North Adventures – Winnipeg, MB
- Ocean Quest Inc. – St. John’s, NL
- Parks Canada Banff National Park – Banff, AB
The Canadian Tourism Awards ceremony is an annual highlight of TIAC’s Tourism Congress, Canada’s national tourism conference. The Tourism Congress will take place November 30 – December 1, 2021. The event offers two days of thought-provoking keynotes, insights into industry trends, practical and insightful sessions, and plenty of networking opportunities for in-person and virtual participants.