Each year, the Tourism HR Canada Annual Report offers a comprehensive look at our key accomplishments, partnerships, and initiatives.
In 2019–2020, work included activities that supported five strategic priorities:
- Leading comprehensive labour market research and analysis
- Forecasting future skills to foster growth and innovation
- Positioning tourism as a destination for employment
- Innovating skills development to optimize the workforce
- Making strategic investments to ensure organizational growth
This year’s report covers activities both pre-pandemic and as COVID’s impact began to be felt, and so notes changes to projects or programs in response to health and safety restrictions and dramatic changes to the tourism workforce. These changes will be further detailed in the 2020-2021 report.