Building a Resilient and Inclusive Workforce
Each year, the Tourism HR Canada Annual Report offers a comprehensive look at our key accomplishments, partnerships, and initiatives.
The 2017-2018 Report describes our many endeavors to enable the tourism sector to respond to rapidly changing labour market demands:
- Collecting, analyzing, and communicating labour market information
- Updating skills development resources and forecasting future skills needs
- Positioning tourism as a destination for employment
- Improving career and worker pathways
- Supporting employers in attracting and retaining staff from all labour pools
- Building strong relationships with a wide variety of tourism stakeholders to speak with a united voice
Through these and upcoming projects, we continue to ensure Canada’s tourism sector remains globally competitive and the 1.8 million people working in tourism have the opportunity to showcase the breadth of culture and heritage that makes our country unique.