Connecting What Matters
Each year, the Tourism HR Canada Annual Report offers a comprehensive look at our key accomplishments, partnerships, and initiatives.
The 2018-2019 Report describes our many endeavors to enable the tourism sector to respond to rapidly changing labour market demands:
- Researching business and community development needs and analysis, to inform strategic decisions
- Improving skills productivity and job design and investigating trends affecting the vibrancy of the tourism workforce
- Setting and maintaining professional standards, defining the expectations of a skilled workforce
- Piloting a new accreditation program designed to assure quality and better prepare graduates for jobs in demand
- Promoting employer investments in training
- Updating principal training programs
- Facilitating discussions and contributing to public policy consultations on tourism labour
- Continuing to promote well-paid jobs and careers in tourism, to assist with attracting and retaining qualified workers
Through these and upcoming projects, we continue to ensure Canada’s tourism sector remains globally competitive and the 1.8 million people working in tourism have the opportunity to showcase the breadth of culture and heritage that makes our country unique.