Through its Emerit Tourism Training brand, Tourism HR Canada offers a suite of human resource tools that can assist any size enterprise prepare and deliver HR and business planning strategies, as well as deliver training to build the professionalism and productivity of their employees.
The HR Toolkit is a comprehensive online resource for tourism managers and owners/operators looking for information and functional ready-to-use templates that can be customized to meet their HR needs. This resource will assist you to:
- Create a strategic HR plan to address the potential challenges in staffing
- Recruit from alternate labour pools, such as new immigrants, retirees, Indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities
- Devise career advancement opportunities, sponsored training, and competitive compensation packages for employees
Tourism Business Builders
Ideal for entrepreneurs and small business owners, this online resource explores the fundamental basics of business planning, development, and management.
The online modules help owners/operators review and revamp current planning and management practices. Entrepreneurs can work through the series to prepare a solid business plan and learn how to successfully run a tourism business—from start-up planning to day-to-day operations.
The interactive modules are augmented by templates that cover core financial content like balance sheets, cash flow statements, and income statements. Additionally, customizable PDF templates assist in product development, marketing, customer service, HR activities, and other business essentials.
An important component of the Emerit product line is the extensive selection of trainer resources. Train-the-Trainer is a workshop that covers the how-tos of training:
- The importance of training
- How adults learn
- How to plan for and deliver training
- How effective coaching, feedback, and recognition will reinforce performance