Since late March, Tourism HR Canada has been working closely with our partners to offer opportunities for ongoing professional development, cross-training, and job preparation by making a select number of Emerit online modules available for free to everyone.
Response to this offer has been incredibly positive; thousands of modules have been activated and online learning is underway in all corners of the country. We’ve heard how these courses are helping people boost their skills, whether to take on new responsibilities as workplaces undergo change or to explore new opportunities once the sector begins to recover.
In light of this overwhelming interest, Tourism HR Canada has decided to make the entire Emerit online course catalogue free of charge until the end of June, with the potential to extend into the summer based on the needs of the sector.
Tourism organizations’ response to this crisis has been nothing short of astounding. We’re all in this together and relying on each other’s strengths to steer the sector through these unprecedented times.
Tourism HR Canada could not make this offer without the collaboration and support of our Emerit partners:
- Yukon Tourism Education Council (YTEC)
- Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA)
- Saskatchewan Tourism Education Council (STEC)
- Manitoba Tourism Education Council (MTEC)
- Ontario Tourism Education Corporation (OTEC)
- Conseil québécois des ressources humaines en tourisme (CQRHT)
- Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick (TIANB)
- Nova Scotia Tourism Human Resource Council (NSTHRC)
- Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island (TIAPEI)
- Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador (HNL)
The expanded list of Emerit online courses now available to the sector for FREE (in both English and French) includes:
- Bartender – All Modules
- Canadian Workplace Essentials – All Modules
- Event Coordinator – All Modules
- Event Manager – All Modules
- Food & Beverage Manager – All Modules
- Food & Beverage Server – All Modules
- Front Desk Agent – All Modules
- Heritage Interpreter – All Modules
- Housekeeping Room Attendant – All Modules
- HR Toolkit – All Modules
- Line Cook – All Modules
- Providing Quality Service
- Reservation Sales Agent – All Modules
- Sales Manager – All Modules
- Supervisor – All Modules
- Tourism Visitor Information Counsellor – All Modules
- Workplace Essentials – All Modules
Visit emerit.ca to learn more and access this free tourism training.