Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism students gain valuable knowledge and work experience. CATT teachers can make use of innovative teaching resources and curriculum activities.
National Learning Outcomes
National Learning Outcomes reflect the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to be considered competent in specific tourism occupations. The CATT program learning outcomes are based on the National Occupational Standards for Transferable Skills developed with industry by Tourism HR Canada, and Essential Skills defined and developed by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.
CATT students in the Level I and Level II programs are introduced to the skill sets included in these learning outcomes, while students who complete the Gold Level program are required to demonstrate all ten.
National Learning Outcomes of the Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism
- Tourism Ambassador
- Effective Communicator I
- Effective Communicator II
- Technologically Literate
- Team Player
- Problem Solver & Decision Maker
- Information Processor, Organizer and Time Manager
- Independent Worker
- Adaptable Worker
- Business Systems User
Benefits for Students
As CATT participants, students will:
- boost their awareness of rewarding tourism careers
- gain a head start in postsecondary education and the working world
- acquire academic, technological, and workplace skills
A Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism graduate gains:
- an addition to his or her portfolio of accomplishments
- valuable work experience that eases the transition into postsecondary education and the world of work
- increased mobility throughout the tourism sector
- industry training including emerit tourism training products and programs
- a nationally recognized certificate of training in quality service
Benefits for Schools and Teachers
Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism schools bring exciting learning possibilities directly into classrooms. CATT schools enjoy:
- access to online tourism teaching resources and learning activities
- professional development opportunities such as the Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism Annual Conference
- opportunities to establish relationships and build stronger ties with their communities and with local and national businesses
Learn more about the Level I, Level II, and Gold Level programs.
Register now for the CATT Level I or Level II program. For the Gold Level program, contact CATT directly for more information.
Benefits for Industry Partners
Canadian Academy of Travel & Tourism partners:
- increase their community profiles and boost positive publicity and public relations
- create new business opportunities and education partnerships
- provide essential work experience for high school students and ensure the tourism sector’s future supply of skilled employees
Find out more about becoming a CATT partner.