Tourism HR Canada’s Board of Directors supports and guides our pan-Canadian organization as we deliver on our mandate of building a world-leading tourism workforce. Our team facilitates, coordinates, and enables human resource development activities that support a globally competitive and sustainable industry and foster the development of a dynamic and resilient workforce.
Thirteen Directors representing a cross-section of all Canadian tourism sector stakeholders are each vetted against our Board Competency Framework. This ensures a focus on the core competencies individual Directors can contribute to the collective expertise of an engaged and proactive Board.
Tourism HR Canada is now accepting nominations for three voluntary Director positions:
- Two Directors representing “Provincial or Regional Tourism Sector or Related Association”, i.e., associations or organizations whose mandate is provincial or regional
- One Director representing “Provincial, Regional, Pan-Canadian or International business or related organization with an emphasis on tourism or tourism related services (i.e., at Large)”
Directors on Tourism HR Canada’s Board must:
- Be a member in good standing and adhere to the Code of Ethics
- Agree to serve a two- or three-year term
- Attend two in-person Directors’ Meetings per year (June and November) and one Annual General Meeting held in conjunction with the November Directors’ Meeting
- Serve on Board-appointed committees where needed
- Assist in networking, arranging meetings with stakeholders, or representing Tourism HR Canada at events
- Participate in annual self and Board of Director evaluation process
Tourism HR Canada’s selection process is open and transparent. Directors will be selected from among candidates based on their eligibility, need, and the Tourism HR Canada Board Competency Profile.
A candidate may self-nominate or be nominated by another person. Candidates who are nominated by another person will be contacted to confirm consent to their nomination.
The Nomination Committee will review and vet all candidate applications and present the recommended slate of candidates for consideration to the Board of Directors. The final election of the Directors will occur at an extraordinary meeting of the Board in March 2020.
To be eligible, candidates must be:
- A current member of Tourism HR Canada
- 18 years of age or older
- Demonstrate the minimum qualifications outlined in the Board Competency Profile
How to Apply
Submit the following documents to Tourism HR Canada by Friday, February 21, 2020:
- Completed application form
- A CV, as a supporting document highlighting your qualifications as they relate to the Board Competency Profile
- One to two letters of reference from a professional supporting your nomination
Please email email@example.com for the Board Competency Profile and Application Form.