Over the next three years, Tourism HR Canada will focus its efforts on making progress on five strategic priorities, all aimed at addressing two fundamental concerns: filling 100,000s of job vacancies and increasing the skills or capacity to ensure individuals and businesses can thrive.
These priorities stem from extensive consultation with tourism stakeholders across Canada and respond to the Government of Canada’s goal to significantly increase international visitors while growing Canada’s destination status. Tourism, after all, is dependent on the transformative experiences provided by skilled professionals.
5 Strategic Priorities
- Leading comprehensive labour market research and analysis
- Forecasting future skills to foster growth and innovation
- Positioning tourism as a destination for employment
- Innovating skills development to optimize the workforce
- Making strategic investments to ensure organizational strength